Wednesday 2 December 2015

Winchester Christmas Market - Blogmas Day 2!

Hello!
Today is day two of Blogmas so I decided to get you all in the Christmas spirit, I would talk about a marked that I visited last weekend! After a week packed full of mocks, it was the perfect way to de-stress and forget about how badly I had done in my exams!

If it isn't apparent already, the markets are in Winchester (about an hour from where I live) and there are so many different market stalls and everyday shops (such as Accesorize) to visit. The first stall I visited was a Christmas light themed shopped full of Christmas starts of all different colours that you could use to put over you light to decorate your room! I bought a large red star and I can't wait to put it up to decorate my room :)

I then went to the arts and crafts stalls and although I didn't find anything that I personally liked, it was filled with so many wonderful hand crafted things that could make perfect Christmas gifts for your friends and family! I next visited the most amazing smelling soap and candle shop called Heyland Whittle. The candles smelt amazing and I believe they would make remarkable Christmas gifts for family members that you don't know who to buy for! The smells weren't too strong so it wasn't overwhelming when you walked inside. I later found another stall where they sold bath bombs that were hand made by a man and his wife with no artificial chemicals added so I bought some (unfortunately I did not take a photo of the stall but I might include the product in my November favourites as I visited the stall in November!)

After shopping, we walked around the food stalls that sold chocolate, Spanish donuts and Russian candy floss! There was also a stall that handmade chocolate and moulded it into the shape of different tools. As well as this, they also painted (using edible paint) fine details of the tool to make them look realistic!

The final stall I Visited was a place that sold hand made cotton socks! I bought a pair and i now live in them! they are the cosiest and comfiest things i have ever bought!

Like I mentioned earlier there are also various other shops in the area so afterwards I visited Jack Wills, Accesorize, River Island etc...
We finished the day with a Costa before returning home! 
If you live near Winchester I recommend that you visit it because it is a beautiful area and it was decorated so nicely in preparation for Christmas!


Cayetana

No comments:

Post a Comment